PMSUGURU: Hey Swee, What’s up . Are you excited about Uncovered what are changes in PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition .
SWEE : Yes Excited. I heard there are changes going to trigger to the PMBOK Version, what are the changes going to be and when will be the changes effective from?
PMSUGURU: That’s perfect. Yes, PMBOK GUIDE is going to change from PMBOK GUIDE 5th edition to PMBOK GUIDE 6th Edition. PMBOK Guide 6th edition will be published in Q3, 2017. PMP Exam Change will happen in Q1 2018.
SWEE: Wow that’s so nice. I am wondering what are the changes going to be?
PMSUGURU : Of course , It’s nice . As of now the changes are released to public review, changes uncovered in the exposure draft are listed below. Let me take you through the changes those are uncovered till the date.
Key official changes to PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition edition are:
1) As most of us know almost all the industries moving towards using the iterative practices, in the new version PMBOK 6 emphasize more on the inclusion of more detailed information on agile and other iterative practices including:
- Information about agile and other practices often used in an adaptive environment in each Knowledge Area section (Sections 4–13).
- An appendix to The Standard for Project Management on agile and other iterative practices 1. The Process Groups (PG) Remains same (.i.e. Initiation to Closing)
- 2) So far 2 Knowledge Areas (KA) have been renamed
- Key Official Technical changes available so far are:
- 2) A new chapter on the role of the project manager which discusses the PMI Talent Triangle™, including greater emphasis on the strategic and business knowledge aspect of project management
- Project Time Management is renamed as Project Schedule Management.
- Project Human Resource Management is renamed as Project Resource Management.
- 3) Three new processes have been added
- Manage Project Knowledge (part of Executing PG & Project Integration Management KA).
- Implement Risk Responses (part of Executing PG & Project Risk Management KA).
- Control Resources (part of Monitoring & Controlling PG & Project Resource Management KA).
- 4) In Total, Six processes have been renamed.
|PMBOK 5th Edition||PMBOK 6th Edition|
|Perform Quality Assurance||Manage Quality|
|Plan Human Resource Management||Plan Resource Management|
|Control Communications||Monitor Communications|
|Control Risks||Monitor Risks|
|Plan Stakeholder Management||Plan Stakeholder Engagement|
|Control Stakeholder Engagement||Monitor Stakeholder Engagement|
5) The Estimate Activity Resources process has been moved to Project Resource Management KA.
6) The Close Procurement process has been taken out. The details of this process are captured in Close Project or Phase process.
SWEE: Thank you so much Suguru. It’s very informative. Will look forward to understand more changes those are coming up pertain to PMBOK GUIDE SIXTH EDITION.
PMSUGURU : No worries here are few references for the future to understand on upcoming changes . All the very best to you and everyone. Share this info on your social network to show that you care about your friends to be up to date. Remember Sharing is caring.
You may even looking the best price coupons available under:⊕