SOURCE : PMI official website http://pmi.org ….
PMBOK GUIDE SIXTH EDITION evolved By Project Managers, For Project Managers
Hello PMP Aspirants,Padup … Most awaiting is going to over soon. Leading global resource for project managers, Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition is the latest version, getting ready to rease to the market on 06th September.
To give bit background about guide ,
1) The PMBOK® Guide is evolved and developed by active practitioners and subject matter experts.
2) PMBOK® Guide is thoroughly reviewed by the project management community before it is released, to assure it always the current state of the profession.
In response to market research and customer input,information on agile will now be included.
3 Key Reasons for the PMBOK® Guide changing!!!
- 1) Project Management has evolved significantly since PMI published the PMBOK® Guide – Fifth Edition in 2012.
- 2) The Standard portion of the PMBOK® Guide is an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited standard and must be updated every four to five years.
- 3) PMI continually learns more about what drives successful project outcomes through our research… and we want to share those drivers with the project management community.
What to expect
1) The PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition will be available in print and digital formats in September 2017.
2) PMI members can download a free digital copy upon its release.
3) Translations (print and digital) in 11 additional languages will be available in October 2017.
What’s new PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition ?
1) A chapter on the role of the project manager.
2) Two renamed knowledge areas
- a) Time management renamed to Schedule Management
- b) Human Resource Management renamed to Resource Management
3) Four new sections in each knowledge area
- i) Key Concepts
- ii) Trends and Emerging Practices
- iii) Tailoring Considerations
- iv) Considerations for Agile/Adaptive Environments
4) Greater emphasis on strategic and business knowledge, with a discussion of project management business documents.
5) A new section on the role of the project manager, including the PMI Talent Triangle®—technical, leadership and strategic and business management.
An appendix on agile practices.
Subscribe to the blog on the top to receice latest updates.
Join our whatsapp group to network with PMP Aspirants and PMPs :
Join our Telegram group to network with PMP Aspirants and PMPs:
Download our FREE PMP Android App:
ALL THE VERY BEST FUTURE PMPs